Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Uncle Ron

Recently I was having a conversation with my sister, Kathy, and she mentioned that she had come across a beautiful poem in this month's Ensign on page 11 titled, "The Prodigal". Upon finishing the poem my sister noticed a disclaimer at the end stating, "The author passed away just before publication of this article." She thought to herself how sad that was and scanned back to the top of the poem only to find that the author named was Ronald Petersen, our uncle and our mother's big brother. Of course I had to find it and read it too and I think it's beautiful as well. It wasn't surprising to find his work published because my Uncle Ron was a wonderfully talented writer but it was a little surprising to find his work published after his passing. What a beautiful legacy of faith, prayer and unconditional love he has left for our family. I just thought it was so special that I wanted to share it as well. So if you don't have your June Ensign nearby, here it is (if you click on the poem it may be easier to read)...

3 comments:

John Petersen said...

Wow I didn't notice Ron's poem in June. Thanks for posting it.

Lindsay said...

I totally read that poem in the ensign!!! i thought it was awesome. now its even more awesome because I know about the person who wrote it! what an insightful family you have kellie.

Susanna said...

Not that I don't love your uncle Ron's post, but where are some more posts?!!!! I keep coming back checking and hoping for some pictures of your baby, but there are NONE!!!! You would bring a big smile to my face if you would put some recent pictures up just for me. :) I hope things are well and that you are all healthy!