Monday, November 16, 2009

Birthdays, Getaways, Halloween & Big News!

Well, you guys know how it goes with my blog. You may not hear from me for a few months, but I'll get you caught up! Buckle up! Here we go...

Now I know my last post was dedicated to Braeden's 2nd birthday, but here are some pictures from his actual birthday party. It was a small family get together that ended up being a lot of fun and very special. Poor kid lives in AZ with a July birthday so there is no better way to celebrate than in the water! Thanks again to Randy and Jenn for hosting since we don't have a pool!

We also had the opportunity to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday at PF Chang's. And nope, that's not a typo people... the big 7-0! Just teasing, Dad. I love you!


Cameron and I had the opportunity to go on a little get-away together for the very first time since we had Braeden! We decided to go to the mountains (Greer) and stayed in their Honeymoon suite at the Red Setter Inn Bed and Breakfast. It was a great time and we were so thankful that Cameron's parents (Papa & Grandma Mia) were willing to watch our little man while we were away! Our room had a wall of windows ceiling to floor and the first picture below is of our view from the suite. It was gorgeous having the river just below and to fall asleep to.


And of course, there's Halloween! Braeden's had a growing love for pirates (for whatever reason) and so he was more than excited to be one for Halloween. This was the first Halloween where he really started to grasp the whole experience. We also watched as he grew VERY much in love with all things Halloween... even the scary stuff. We had a hard time getting him to keep moving whenever we passed a house with spiders, webs, a witch, jack-o-lantern, monster, skeleton and more. He just wanted to hang out for hours and ask the witch hanging from the tree what she was doing up there? Or the skeleton coming out of his grave if he was okay. haha. Never imagined he would be such a lover of the holiday, but it really made it fun for us.


Now here are some little moments captured over the past few months that put a smile on my face. I hope you enjoy them...

And lastly, for the Big News I promised... well, unless you're blind you can see below that I am pregnant with a baby girl! She is due April 21st which makes me about 18 weeks right now. We are so excited and feel exponentially blessed at this time. The Lord has provided for us in every way and we couldn't be more grateful.

8 comments:

Melody said...

Congratulations! That is so wonderful! Great pics.. and so glad to see you are doing well. Can't wait to see the pics of your little girl. You will absolutely LOVE having a little girl. I sure do!!

Mary said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS!! THat is so exciting!!

Brad and Rebecca said...

Oh Kellie! that is awesome! I am so excited for you guys! just looking at your pictures i was thinking, "I bet she is a really great mom"... so happy for you! xoxo

The High Family- said...

I am so excited for you. You look so happy. I am thrilled for you that you are having a little girl!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is exciting!

Unknown said...

What hospital does hubby work at? My husband works in Radiology as well.

Jeremy and Taren said...

I am so, so, so excited for you. Finally you are getting your baby girl. Woo hoo!! That is just amazing news. Did I mention I am so excited? Ha ha. Anyways, loved all the pics of your little man. He is the sweetest, most cutest little boy ever. You are going to have the most beautiful little girl as well. Yay!!!

Bob Petersen said...

It was great to talk to you this morning Kellie. I love your Blog. I looked at your Dad's picture as you told the world that he had hit the BIG 7-0. Then I said to ?Rozann: "Jim can't be that old". Then Rozann said, "Oh yes he can cause you are 60", Then I came to the realization that we are all getting older and it just creeps up on us very slowly unti "ZAP" we are ancient.
Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your little girl. Your little man is so cute. He must take after his parents. God Bless you always.
Love Uncle Bob & Aunt Rozann