Monday, July 28, 2008

It's official... he's ONE!





Braeden's birthday was full of firsts! Well, his day started with a first mommy wasn't really planning on... pooping for the first time in the bath tub! Yeah, disgusting. I'll spare you pictures of that momentous event. Okay, so we turned Braeden's car seat facing forward. It was so funny to watch how Breaden's eyes just lit up like a whole new world had been exposed to him. He was even in awe of the dashboard! haha. Next, we took him over to a place called Snip 'n Snap. There, our little guy got his very first hair cut!!! He was such a big boy through the whole process and the ladies were quite impressed. They kept asking how old he was because they couldn't believe that a one-year-old would sit so soundly and not protest or cry! Yes, I was a proud mama.

After the big makeover (and believe me I'm still mourning the loss of my baby's locks) we took him to take his one year pictures! He was a ham and gave us some really great shots that captured the essence of Braeden's little personality. Although, we only got a couple of shots with the number one in his hands. It sort of became a weapon and daddy the victim. haha. I'll add another post when those pictures come in. We headed over to Uncle Randy and Aunt Jenn's who treated us to dinner and Braeden had some father/son time in the pool. It was a perfect day...

Sigh. I can't express how sad and nostalgic I've been about my baby turning one. It's really given us the opportunity to reflect on all that has transpired since July 23rd, 2007... the day we finally met Braeden and our world officially began revolving around our little man. We haven't taken a single minute for granted and thank our Heavenly Father everyday for our precious miracle.

Below are pictures taken on Braeden's actual birthday. For those that are new to blogging, just click on the collage or any picture for a close-up...

 
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

The High Family- said...

Look at you super mom. It looks like he had a great day. You and Cameron made it so special for him. Give him a kiss for us!

Melody said...

Happy Birthday! The pictures are great! One year b-day's are so much fun!

Christine Fiscer, Birthkeeper said...

Awww, happy birthday Braeden!! And happy Birthing day to you, mama! I hope you celebrated with friends, family, and love. :)
:hugs:

Christine Fiscer, Birthkeeper said...

BTW - This is Christy. lol

Jeremy and Taren said...

Happy Birthday big boy!

Ken said...

One year olds are pretty cool if you ask me. I'm on my last one. [semi-sad face]

btw- never had any of mine poop in the tub when I've bathed them, But Anna has. haha.

Diana said...

Happy Birthday Braeden! Kellie I can't believe how much he looks like you, at least I think he does. he is such a cutie. Happy Birthday to you too Kell, I think the Mom's have just as much reason to celebrate such an amazing accomplishment.

John Petersen said...

Spencer gave me your blog address and it's great to get to know your family better! What a cute kid.

Visit us on our blog sometime,

http://johnandamyjean.blogspot.com/

John Petersen

Andrew and Lori Stewart said...

I can't believe how big he is now. He is growing up so fast. Happy Birthday Braeden!!

Ashley said...

soooo cute! i love all the picks! we had so much fun! I still can't get over the fact that he is 1 already tho!

Tammy said...

YEAH! I am so glad to see you join the blogging world! I love all those pictures of your little boy. He is such a cutie. What an awesome party! And what kind of nut are you, no CAKE?!?! Yikes. My kids would die if they didn't have cake on their birthday. you can check out my family blog at www.chadandtammy.com! Miss you