Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Braeden's first Fourth of July!





Last year's Fourth of July I was growing bigger by the second with Braeden in my tummy. He was so jumpy and startled (even in the womb) from every little firework, that I was forced to go inside where it was quiet. So, needless to say, we were anxious to see how Braeden would react here in the flesh! As it turns out, he's much the same. The sparklers were fun, although he was frustrated he wasn't allowed to touch or eat them... mean Mommy! So we did a trial run the night before the fourth celebration and he faired well. We were far enough away from the actual firework show that it didn't intimidate him and he spent most of the time reaching out trying to touch the pretty lights in the sky.

Then came the true test... the up-close and personal show, presented by none other than the master himself, Patrick (Braeden's future father-in-law)! It was fun at first and then along the way he decided that enough was enough! He started to cover his eyes and then buried his little face into his Mama trying to make it all go away. Eventually that became his resting place for the night... Braeden out!

6 comments:

Diana said...

I'm so happy you have a blog! I love that we get to see more pics of Braeden. Bella is sitting on my lap as I look at your blog. These are her words. " Ohhh, look at him, he's so cute, what's his name mom? Oh look at his binkie, oh he is a cutie cutie cutie. What's his name again mommy?" Braeden, "Oh Fleadan is a
very cute name."
Love you!

Jeremy and Taren said...

Cute blog. Ours is jeremyandtaren.blogspot.com. Hope you guys are doing great.

Melody said...

Cute blog, and tons of cute pictures!! Your little guy is very cute and very sweet! I am glad you have a blog now, it is so much fun. Luv Mel

Lisa M said...

Hi Kellie,

Lori told me you started a blog. I am excited to be able to see what you are up to in Arizona. Your baby boy is adorable.
Lisa (Freedland) Meyer

Brad and Rebecca said...

Kellie! I am so excited to see updates for myself instead of having to keep tabs on you through Lindsay! Great to see your pictures! You son looks a lot like you which is really fun to see!!! Looking forward to lots of pictures!

The High Family- said...

I am so happy that you have a blog. Your little man is adorable. We are planning on going to Arizona some time next year and would love to come see you if you don't mind. I'll let you know when! Congrats on the move and the new house!!