Thursday, May 14, 2009

Scary Poo Poo



So, I turned the big 27... made me realize I'm now officially in my late twenties. To celebrate we went to Famous Dave's (my favorite BBQ place EVER!). It was great to reconnect with family. The picture you see above is the only picture we have to remember the day by and it was taken by the manager there and e-mailed to me. I guess restaurants are having to get creative these days to attract more business. I appreciated it because our camera is out of commission.

Cameron took Braeden on our church Father/Son camp out this past weekend. I asked him to take our camera (because it is capable of snapping at least three shots before it dies) and also the camcorder. He refused and said that Sam (our neighbor) had a camera and would e-mail them to us. I decided I would choose my battles (this not being one of them) and sent them off. Well, he came home and said our neighbor's wife forgot to pack batteries (like how the blame had been shifted there? Men...). So, I asked if he took any pictures with his cell phone (I already knew the answer because I'm a genius, I was just trying to prove a point here). So, we have not a single photo to capture my baby's first camp out which is beyond disappointing. sigh. Men...

Now to get to the point... my baby boy comes home filthy- truly filthy. Not that I expected anything different, but straight to the bath he went. Well, I had to drain the dirty bath water and refill it. After doing that, I stepped away to grab a towel only to come back to my son sitting among poop. Yep, he did it again (shivers). So I sucked it up and said very calmly, "Did you go poo poo? Oh no." Well, apparently Braeden was entirely oblivious that he had pooped and perhaps unaware that it came out of him. But when he saw it... OH MAN! You would've thought the Boogie-Man was staring right back at him because he FREAKED OUT! So now, he won't take a bath anymore. He bawls barely making out the words, "Poo Poo!" and clings to me and will crawl out of the tub. ugh. It's really the saddest sight, although still slightly humorous I'll admit. I used to have to drag him out of the tub, and now he won't touch it. So I guess in our home, we don't worry about monsters in the closet because we have scary poo poo in the bath tub. Go figure. =)

4 comments:

The High Family- said...

So funny! Poor kid. Happy belated birthday! Love ya.

Spencer and Whitney said...

Very funny, hopefully he will back to bathing like normal soon. Happy birthday, it sounds like you had a good time.

Andrew and Lori Stewart said...

That is a funny story! I'm sorry you didn't get any pictures...andrew wouldn't be allowed home. :) Good thing you are nicer.

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday!!

Christine Fiscer, Birthkeeper said...

Hahaha - fun getting older, isn't it? I turn 28 this year. :/ Weren't we JUST in high school??

So glad you found my blog, and now I can follow yours!! :) Happy Belated Birthday!