Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A wedding, an escape artist and a pair of boots...

Just hanging out before church starts... at 2:00PM!!!

I look like a dork, but included it because Braeden looks so adorable! My big guy and my little guy.
Braeden loves bath time!
My escape artist!
Braeden's favorite pass time.
Our little family at Joyel & Eric's wedding (unfortunately taken at the end of a long day).
The wedding party.
Braeden on the dance floor mesmerized by the techno lights.
Braeden still not warmed up to his "crazy" Uncle Spence! =)


Where do I begin? Well, about two weeks ago we visited California to attend Cameron's sister's wedding (Joyel). It was a beautiful occasion and one we won't soon forget. Eric's a lucky man because Joyel was absolutely stunning! And then the following weekend Cameron's parents (Grandma Mia and Grandaddy-o) and brother, Spencer, came to visit. We, especially Braeden, had a great time and always enjoy the visits. Breaden really seems to be warming up more and more to his distant grandparents (from both sides) and it's a joy to see the relationships develop.

Updates on Braeden... man, oh man. This kid is on the GO! He's a climber now... and a quick study taking tips from his cousin (and partner in crime) Lincoln, giving me daily mini-heart attacks! Ah! Just the other day I woke up to find that Braeden climbed OUT OF HIS CRIB just casually playing in his room!!! Needless to say, this mommy freaked out! I don't even want to think about how he accomplished that or the broken bones (or worse) we avoided. Cameron (as most of you already know) works in the Radiology department at a hospital. So he takes x-rays of little kids from time to time for this very reason! Braeden's crib was already at the lowest setting so I actually had to put his mattress to the floor of his crib because we're not ready to have our little one roaming around his room just yet with an open toddler bed. Oh yeah and he opens doors now too. sigh.

Braeden loves, loves to brush his teeth and I don't mind indulging him. Actually, he's pretty good at it! He loves to dance and will show off his moves anytime he hears music come on. It's adorable! Oh yeah, and as of yesterday Braeden officially graduated from taking two naps to just one a day... ugh. Not a milestone I would say I welcomed. Braeden is learning new words... his latest favorites are "doggie"(and "ruff, ruff"), "fish", "ball" and "shoes". Although they sound a bit more like "joggie" (and "ooh" "ooh"), "sish", "baw", and "shoosh". =)

Speaking of shoes- the boy is OBSESSED! We have a rule in our home... all shoes up high and out of reach of our little guy (did I mention he enjoys licking the bottoms? sick). We often find him sneaking into our closets just to play with our shoes. If he sees a pair of his shoes, he has to have them on his feet. He'll get frustrated if there are two he wants to put on simultaneously and can't accomplish it. You'll often find him walking around the house with two different shoes on just to accommodate his insatiable urge to wear them all! And the boy just can't let go of the shoes he's outgrown. In fact, those are his favorites. So tomorrow arrives Braeden's big surprise... COWBOY BOOTS! We're so excited to see his reaction! haha. Sounds silly, but we just know he's going to go bananas. They're for his cowboy costume for Halloween! Yay.

We are loving our life, our home, our friends and our family.

We feel blessed beyond our deserving...

8 comments:

The High Family- said...

You guys are busy, but is sounds like you have had a lot of fun. Kellie, you look so happy and your family is just beautiful. Braeden is so much like my little guys, I know they would be partners in crime. Miss you!

Andrew and Lori Stewart said...

You look great in the wedding pictures. I'm glad you had a fun trip to California. I can't believe how big Braeden is getting. Great stories...I know I'm in for a treat, because I used to climb out of my crib. My parents had to put a net over my crib. Let me know if you get that desperate. I miss you so much!!

Brad and Rebecca said...

your little man is getting sooo big! He is a great mix of you and Cameron!!!!

Ken said...

That was a great update. Glad to hear you guys are doing so well.

Jeremy and Taren said...

Such cute pics. I have a feeling you'll like the name we picked for the baby. Kamryn. Jeremy picked it. How is everything? Miss ya.

John Petersen said...

Love the picture where you think you look like a dork. You are both adorable!

Lisa M said...

Hi Kellie - I don't have your email to send you a blog invite, I went private. Just click on my blog address that you have and it has my email on it.
Thanks,
Lisa

Ashley said...

so much has happened! it's all so crazy! And your handsome little boy is growing so fast!!!